Italian Family History Group
The Co.As.It. Italian Family History Group operates under the auspices of
Co.As.It. in Leichhardt, NSW. Our members are interested in retaining and
tracing their Italian heritage, and to record events pertaining to their
ancestors. Emphasis is placed on those who would like to record their
Italian ancestry and to create a forum where attendees can meet and freely
exchange views and experiences of heritage. Participants will be
entertained each month by a featured guest speaker to provide a wealth of
Italian family history stories and experiences. A free history starter kit
is available to all newcomers.
The mission of the Organisation, a not-for-profit association, is to
promote, develop, aid and assist those interested in tracing and recording
details of their Italian ancestors and heritage, and to generally promote
the passion of Italian culture.
People who are not of Italian origin are also welcome to our events and to
become a member, provided that they uphold the aims and objectives of the
When and where does the group meet?
Our monthly events are held at the Italian Forum Cultural Centre, 21-23
Norton Street, Leichhardt, NSW at 6.45pm for 7.00pm start.
Information about our upcoming events can be found at
Is there a cost involved?
There is no Membership Fee at this time, however, we have a meeting
attendance fee of $5.00 per person. This assists in meeting the costs for
the venue hire, raffle prizes, and a free coffee / tea, or a discount of $
2.50 off a food or drink item, following our event, at a designated local
The Aims and Objectives of the Co.As.It. Italian Family History Group are:
1) To promote, develop, aid and assist those interested in tracing and
recording details of their Italian ancestors and heritage.
2) To conduct lectures, seminars, workshops and events to promote the
research of family genealogy.
3) To mutually assist members by sharing experiences about researching.
4) To establish and maintain a newsletter and website (under the auspices
of CoAsIt) that will encourage others to embark upon the challenge of
research and writing up their family genealogy.
5) To liaise with other societies to share information and to promote
awareness of Italian genealogy.
6) To record and tabulate names of families under research.
7) To record, publish and share information about research methods and
8) To acquire books, periodicals and research aids by purchase or donation.
9) To organise, promote and encourage mutually supportive, practical
partnerships between business, service providers, Italian organisations
(including Co.As.It) and the Italian Community generally.
10) To function as a group under Co.As.It.
YOU ARE INVITED TO COME AND JOIN US AT OUR MONTHLY EVENTS, TO ENJOY THE
EXPERIENCE IN MEETING OTHERS INTERESTED IN ITALIAN HERITAGE, WHO ARE ALSO
TRACING THEIR FAMILY ANCESTORS, AND TO LISTEN TO ONE OF OUR FEATURED GUEST
The Co.As.It. Italian Family History Group thanks the support of their
For further information please visit our websites: